Talking about Tripods

Having been absent for such a long time I think last weeks post has me fired up again and I am finally getting round to a long promised post....hope it isn't to late to be of use to you Helen.

When it comes to tripods the old adage of the higher the cost the better the quality does apply I am afraid and there is simply no cheap way round this piece of equipment, it is important to remember that you are going to trust this "stand" with your most precious possession (your camera) and you don't want it toppling over.

I would recommend staying away from cheap spindly table tripods and spending the extra money on a professional quality one even if you are not shooting on a professional camera - personally I prefer the clip legs which can be very easily released without turning of lots of little knobs but that is just a matter of preference, there is no scientific reason why they are better, they are simply a little easier to use, but as they are a more recent development can be a little harder to find.

And that is it....go sturdy, aluminium and expensive and you will never regret it :0)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, and I have to agree. The ones with the clip legs are certainly much easier to manipulate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea - Shane actually bought me one for Christmas at last - I honestly haven't even unpacked it yet so hope it's a good one! It's aluminium, that's all I'm sure of for now lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves his tripod but i'm still learning to work with mine!

    ReplyDelete