Team Up Thursday - Week 3

Theme: Sports

I chose our theme for this week and considering I am not in the slightest bit sports inclined I have NO IDEA what possessed me, I don't go anywhere even vaguely resembling a sports facility or field EVER lol. Fortunately my eldest son is the exact opposite and plays Rugby, Table Tennis, Football and Cricket and very kindly obliged by putting on his kit and letting me take some shots. As some reader of my other blog will know I purchased a Nikon D90 on Saturday last week and so this weeks photos where the first taken on the camera, without time to read the manual ;0)

I am pretty please with the final result even if it took a while to achieve - it was inspired by World Cup Fever (I am South African after all) and Phil's total obsession with Manchester United.

click on images to enlarge

The depth of field on Claire's shot is excellent and somehow the scratches on the side of the row boat tell a story of many hours spent on the water....such a different take on the theme and I think it is fantastic.

Other bloggers taking up the challenge:
(I have only linked in to one participant in each partnership, you should easily be able to navigate from there)
Kirsten & Marcelle
Corey & Berta
Megan & Melody
Joanne & Rose

Cat and Shayne

Photo's that didn't make the cut...



9 comments:

  1. Love your other shots too! I think we are going to see some amazing photo's now you have a NEW toy to play with - it doesn't take long to get the feel back never mind the manual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea WOW - great great great - and I love all your photos even they didn't make the cut!
    Perfect - It's always a please to "stop by and have a look at your photos".
    Glad you are doing that "tut-thing" - it's so much fun and inspires me in all ways... way to goo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you can "catch the fever" of World cup all the way over in England. By the way my dear Andrea...when I started scrapping a few years ago, I got to meet you via e-mail through Scrapkits...so in a sense you were one of my scrapping teachers:-) Small world we're living in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots from both of you...
    I see we all into the soccer fever, on facebook, on blogs, wonderful...
    great job ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. andrea, love that you captured that moment where his foot just hit the ball -- such a great shot! and combined with the stillness of the boat shot, what a nice contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your close up shot! and the boat picture from Claire is wonderful too. Great job, the colors and depth of field work nicely together. (I also like the flowers in the background!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in these photos, they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love both shots. the colors are fantastic together, and the theme is fun. Well done. Congrats on the new camera. that is awesome. I know exactly how new equipment makes me feel... ♥.

    ReplyDelete