great shot. I never see a rainbow like that. Where did you win? how exciting. I hear you on your frustration on the photo manipulation going on. digital photography is a completely different beast from film. Digital art, including photography is a talent of it's own, but one must realize that things aren't always what they seem when looking at other people's photos. You never know how much was done in camera and how much was done after. I also want to note, though, that a digital camera is making decisions about sharpness, and color for you. No two types of camera have the same colors....so getting a shot SOOC doesn't mean that it is exactly as it was. Depending on your camera...it is changed a bit. I shoot in RAW, and choose to make some of the decisions myself in post processing.
I think what bothers me most, is when photographers don't own up to the post processing they are doing.
great shot. I never see a rainbow like that. Where did you win? how exciting.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on your frustration on the photo manipulation going on. digital photography is a completely different beast from film. Digital art, including photography is a talent of it's own, but one must realize that things aren't always what they seem when looking at other people's photos. You never know how much was done in camera and how much was done after.
I also want to note, though, that a digital camera is making decisions about sharpness, and color for you. No two types of camera have the same colors....so getting a shot SOOC doesn't mean that it is exactly as it was. Depending on your camera...it is changed a bit. I shoot in RAW, and choose to make some of the decisions myself in post processing.
I think what bothers me most, is when photographers don't own up to the post processing they are doing.