Team Up Thursday - Week 7

Theme: Flower

The theme this week was my choice and after last week photographing people I couldn't resist another one of my favourites - photographing flowers. I get a real kick out of the close up detail, the vibrancy and unexpected surprises which come with photographing flowers - of course the fact that it is summer in England and there are flowers in abundance didn't hurt :0)

The background in my photograph this week was one of those unexpected surprises - I spent a bit of time playing around with my manual settings while taking these shots and just love the fact that the background looks like it has been desaturated while the flower is popping....all done in camera with no manipulation I promise. I was so inspired in fact I ended up doing a whole "Rainbow Garden"

Claire's beautiful hydrangea is for me so peaceful, I can't explain the feeling it is just how the photograph "speaks" to me, a lovely capture!

Other bloggers taking up the challenge:
(I have only linked in to one participant in each partnership, you should easily be able to navigate from there)
Kirsten & Marcelle
Corey & Berta
Megan & Melody
Joanne & Rose

Cat and Shayne


Photo's that didn't make the cut...

6 comments:

  1. ooooo so many wonderful ones. I do find it interesting that your photo looks like selective coloring. cool. great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of Marco...so am not surprised at all to see your theme ~ cause thats so YOU!!
    I love all the photo's you took, even those that didnt make the cut, I know how hard it is to chose a photo when you have so many you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not entirely sure how I achieved it Corey ;0), problem with trying lots of things....shot at f/6.3 1/320 at ISO 200 with me throwing a lot of shade onto the background and trying to keep the flower itself in the light - some contorting going on, the result was better than I imagined and only hope I can achieve it again - didn't hurt that the leaves were naturally a greyish colour as opposed to bright green :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea! Your theme is one of my favorites and your photos are right-on - great, great job! I love your "flower garden" too - great work - you have SO many to choose from. We're lucky around here to get a daisy or two - haha! I'll be back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those really are lovely. your outtakes are wonderful, too! before i read your post, i thought you had played around in PS to get that effect -- very cool that it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what great outtakes! I love you choice for theme Thursday as well as Claire's; but all your outtakes are incredible as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete